Generally, guys have to replace their underwear every year. If you invest in premium underwear, your goal is to enhance aesthetics and comfort, right? In addition to that, you also have to ensure that quality is top-notch. Unfortunately, high-quality underwear doesn’t mean it is immortal.
A lot of people think that if they spend a lot of money on their underwear, they won’t have to take care of it. However, that is not the case. Today, we’re going to share with you some tips on how to maintain your underwear in tip-top shape, whether it’s a thong, mens bikini underwear, or other clothing.
Separate Your Underwear
Perhaps you know that your underwear gets abused a lot by your sweat if you have been to the gym a lot of times. Because of this, you’ve got to separate a couple of pairs. Make sure you separate the ones that you wear to the gym and the ones you wear on the beach. You should not use your high-end underwear when you’re working out.
To get rid of those frustrating fuzz balls and pilling, make sure you utilize a fabric shaver. In addition to that, get rid of loose threads if you find one.
Allow the Air to Help
If you want to greatly improve your underwear’s lifespan, then air-drying can help a lot. Extreme heat from the dryer can break down the fabric. On several occasions, it can even damage them. This is particularly true for the underwear’s elastic. That is why it is best to hang-dry your underwear to help preserve its quality. In addition to that, it can also help you save money on your utility bill as well.
You should use cold water when washing your underwear. It does not matter what the instructions tell you. For those who don’t know, hot water wears out the fabric and sets stains. Also, it is advised that you follow these tips for the best underwear care:
- When washing, turn the underwear inside out. This will lower the wear and tear on the fabric.
- To lower fabric friction, make sure you wash them in a separate load on a delicate cycle.
- Before you wash them, make sure you apply a stain remover.
- Utilize a color-safe bleach to get rid of bacteria.
Here are other tips you can follow:
- If you do not want to deform lingerie, make sure you do not wring too hard your underwear. You can use a towel to absorb the water in your underwear. However, you shouldn’t place them on radiators. This will help you preserve the shape and color of your underwear.
- Use lukewarm water when rinsing. Then, rinse it again using cold water. This will get rid of any remaining soaps, detergent, or other residues.
- Use detergent
- Separate black and white from the colors. Black underwear tends to fade or turn white and white underwear tends to turn gray. That’s why you should wash them with parts of the same shades only if you want to prevent this from happening.